After all of the planning, designing, and payments it is so sad that most of the flowers and arrangements used get thrown away. It is the ugly truth of events. At Jordan Flowers & Events, we believe that as a society we need to join together to reuse, and recycle. However, our #1 goal is to make happiness bloom. So, what better way than to pair the two?
We are partnering with Senior Access to deliver event arrangements to local Austin seniors and sprinkle a little happiness for others. When you buy an arrangement/centerpiece for your special day you are buying an arrangement that will not be used once and thrown out. It will be picked up after your event and delivered the following business day without any additional charge to Senior Access Clients to continue to enjoy for days to come.
Why should you join the movement?
Flowers make people happy. Like, really, scientifically proven happiness. Dr. Loretta Breuning from California State University said that when a person receives flowers, it stimulates their brain into producing the happy chemicals; dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin. There is an overwhelming feeling of happiness when you do something nice for someone else. Doing for others with a happy heart and not expecting anything back in return. That is what #makinghappinessbloom is all about.
We are asking that our future clients and fellow florists join together to begin #makinghappinessbloom .
When an order is placed make sure to let us know you would like to have your flowers donated to #makinghapinessbloom . You do not necessarily have to have an event to donate the flowers to join this movement. You can start by doing kind things for people around you.
What can you do? Well, here are 5 free ways you can begin to #makehappinessbloom locally:
- Write a note to a person saying 2 great things about them or why they are loved/special/appreciated.
- Ask someone how they are doing…like genuinely, no distractions, not looking at your phone. Be present and listen.
- Give or donate an item that makes you think of that person. This doesn’t have to be a big gift or new gift. It could be a figurine, note, artwork, picture, knick knack, whatever makes you think of that person, big or small.
- Smile. The only universal sign in the entire world is a smile, and it is contagious.
- If all else fails, just give someone a simple compliment. “You are awesome. You are an amazing person. Thank you for being a great friend. I love your shoes/shirt/purse etc…”
Interested in getting involved with Senior Access? Click on the Senior Access image below to find out more about becoming a volunteer or what you can do to help.